Dead end

 Dylan.

My wife, June, is unhinged. Totally crazy. I know what you are thinking. I must have made her that way. If my guess is right, you think I cheated, but I did not and I did not lay a finger on her. June would tell you I did. She wore makeup and a pair of dark Gucci sunglass- weapons she used whenever she wanted to make her claim but trust me; she is a liar.

   None of these matters now because June is here. I can tell from her Jasmine cologne. God knows I have done nothing to this woman, but she won’t rest until she kills me.

Her favorite song has begun, so I know for sure she is here with me. She was meant to be with her mother. They promised that after she escaped the mental institution, she would no longer bother me. I hate this song. It’s the worst because I can feel her presence more than before. The soft thumping of her heels echoes as she descends the stairs. The music drowns it. All the doors are locked. I don’t know how she did it. Almost like she planned it. Of course she did. My wife can be meticulous. I don’t know why I ever believed she would leave me alone.

I see her. She stands before me in a red dress. Her hair is different, some of it covers her forehead. Her lips are as red as the dress. There is no weapon in sight, but you can never know with June. Everything can become a weapon.

“Hello my love.” She smiles, revealing her perfect white dentition.

“What do you want?” I keep my distance from her, but she inches closer and closer until there is no space to run.

“Darling, where is she?”

I am confused. “Who?”

She laughs so loudly and then she scowls. “My daughter, who you’ve kept away from me. I thought I was the monster. You locked me away to rot. What did I do to deserve that?”

I promise you; this is what she does. I have fallen for her acts so many times before and I always regret it. June is insane. All the bad things she has done to me, she believes I have also done to her. That’s not the truth. She is delusional.

“Our daughter is in school, and she misses you,” I say. “You know, being a solo parent is exhausting. I have to teach her everything.”

She frowns. “That’s your fault, though. You wanted me away from her.” She is so close to me. The scent of her cologne blocks my nostrils. She brings her lips closer, and I wait, unsure of what she wants from me.

June kisses me. She is toying with me. Her hands slide to my pants, and I hold it. “Please, no. We are no longer_”

“We are no longer what?” she asks and look up.

I raise my eyes to see she is holding a blade she retrieved from God knows where.

“I would slice up your body and watch you bleed to death, and I don’t want that because of Angel. Just let me have your body this time. No one knows my body like you do”

“I took a celibacy vow after everything you put me through. I am not your sex toy anymore.”

She flashes her ring on my face. “But you are my husband.”

“But we are not_”

“Not what? Have you forgotten I have this blade?” She brings the blade to my neck. “Just one perfect slice and you are gone, or maybe a couple.”

“Okay, you can have my body, but this is rape.”

She laughs. “You are hilarious.” She pulls my pants and frees my briefs. She slips out of her panties and raises her dress.

I hit her on the back, and she falls. I run to the front door. It is locked, and I try but can’t get it opened. She is coming. I run to the attic. I hear her footsteps behind me. She is wearing heels so she is slower than usual. Didn’t think that one through, did she? I slide my way through an opening in the attic and jump from the roof.

I do not stop running until I enter my car. Thank goodness for technology. I do not need a key to start the car. My pants, phone, and wallet. Everything asides my shirt is still in the house. I drive away and from the rear-view mirror I can see her screaming, but that does not last long because she breaks into my friend’s car. She is coming after me. I want to pick Angel from school, but there is no way I could leave my car without pants. All I do is drive, but where to? I could go to another of our friend’s place but that would be incredibly selfish because they have a newborn baby and with June you never know who the victim was going to be. It hurts when I remember our Joseph. Maybe he caused us trouble when he would run away from home, or maybe he knew his murderer was the woman feeding him and that was why he always ran away. June killed the cat, and for what? It was a competition with my affection. It was it or our child. This woman considered killing our Angel, but leave it up to her to act like that never happened. Like she was the best mother in the entire world. She would swear she could give her life for Angel, but what she wouldn’t tell you is that she thought she could also take it because, listen, her defense was she birthed her. Angel ripped through her genitalia and not mine. And so, what? You can’t kill someone just because you gave birth to them, but you know who thinks she can, June.

I press on the gas because with nowhere to go, my only chance of being alive for Angel is to lose the monster behind me. I increase my speed until the car feels as if it’s flying. She is going just as fast because speeding has always been her thing. There are about two cars between us, but that wouldn’t do, so I switch lanes and keep pressing on the gas. I look behind and she is gone. I am smiling until I see she is right beside me.

She sticks out her tongue and makes a face. At our combined speed, we should both be dead. We are crossing the limits, but June has no sense of limits. I don’t know how she is not dead yet. She has overdosed multiple times, each time she resurrects like some demon possessed body with multiple lives. I pause and consider because what if my wife is possessed? Psychiatry didn’t work and maybe it is because it isn’t medical but spiritual. I have never been superstitious, but my wife made me this way. June happened to me.



June.


You are an idiot if you believe Dylan’s words. There, I said it. I am a straight shooter. You will be told as it is. I am beautiful. Like almost every man wants me, and Dylan has always been jealous. I get it. It must be hard. Having a hot wife, but Dylan’s behavior has been inexcusable this last year. First, I thought it was mild jealousy and then he became passive aggressive and then aggressive. I have a scar on my back to prove this. He thinks he is a good guy, but he is just a piece of shit. He was the one who wanted to get married. I was like Dylan. Let’s take things slow. Give it a year or two to see if we are really for each other. But the man is Catholic, and he really wanted to hit. He knew the only way he could without destroying his idea of self-righteousness was if we got married first. Now, I am not saying I didn’t want to marry the guy. I mean he has big dick energy and actual big dick. He bangs great. Why do you think I’m chasing him? The wackos at the mental hospital don’t know how to. Sometimes they can’t even get their stuff up. I had to escape, but I could not do it alone. I was careful, and it turned out I was the only one who did not get caught. There were no casualties during my escape except for that nurse who received the same dose she came to administer. Do you know how hard it was in there for me? Dylan did that to me. He knows I need only three things to be happy, and he took all three. My baby Angel, sex, and Jasmine cologne. If you are wondering where Dylan comes in, he doesn’t. He used to be number one until he began his jealous antics, which grew into aggression. I have never loved an aggressive man. I always love my men chill as fuck. Now, that was how he was when we first met. We used to do drugs at the back of his car; you know, to destress. Good times. But he began using being a father as an excuse to deny me. He has gone around telling everyone who would listen to him I’m crazy. Do I sound crazy? Anyway, I needed something to take my mind off everything I have been through for the last six months inside that mental facility. Those people tortured me. They deprived me and the medicines got me acting crazy. I love my family. I would never want to hurt anyone, but Dylan doesn’t understand this. Maybe my means are sometimes extreme, but it’s because I am lonely, alienated from my Angel.

Have you birthed a child before? If so, you understand what I have with my Angel. Dylan accused me of trying to hurt her. Sometimes I wonder if it’s the horror movies he watches or his imaginations getting at him because I would never hurt my Angel. She is my priority. The picture of Angel’s face was the one thing I held close in that mental place. Her eyebrows, clear white sclera, her pink lips, and tiny little teeth. I missed her so much in there and even now, no one would let me go near my baby because of Dylan and his lies. Isn’t it a monster who keeps a mother away from her child? Dylan is a monster. Believe nothing he says about me. Dylan made me act crazy. He can’t hurt me anymore because I took my power back. I leveled up. If Dylan wants to go low, then I will go lower. He wants everyone to believe I am the crazy wife.

 I meander my way through the traffic. I have always loved cars and their speed while on the ground. I can’t stand flying, but I can cover a 3hrs drive in an hour. Now that doesn’t make me reckless. I haven’t been in any accidents, but that’s not what Dylan wants you to believe. I am beside him now and even though I want to call him a loser because he is, all I do is stick my tongue out at him. If only he would let me fuck him. My skill at racing hurts his ego and now he is being reckless with his speed. He is beyond every speed limit there is. I don’t like this because people die when others get reckless. He speeds and speeds until he loses me. I let him go because I want him to live. Just one fuck makes this man go crazy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments